The Neffsville Community Fire Company is dedicated to providing fire protection and emergency services whenever we are called in a time of need. Our members will be professional, honest, trustworthy, courteous, and compassionate to the citizens of which we are here to protect. We will strive to educate the public in fire safety education and to represent our community to make for a better quality of life. We stand together as one, as a team to protect, preserve and to serve in the fire service.
A History of the Neffsville Community Fire Department
A meeting of the community of Neffsville was held on September 3, 1921 for the purpose of creating a Community Fire Company. It was unanimously decided to form the Neffsville Community Fire Company and elect the officers to run the organization. Once the elected president assumed his position, he immediately appointed three committees. The first committee was to establish the by-laws and the constitution of the new organization. The second committee was responsible for filing a state charter. the third committee was to research fire apparatus.On October 5, 1921, the by-laws and constitution were read and approved by all present. There were 54 members voted into the organization and these members were included in the charter application to the state. The apparatus committee indicated that they have met with several manufacturers of fire apparatus and have narrowed it down to one. The company voted to purchase a 1922 Hahn Pumper at the purchase price of $2,800.
Over the years many members have dedicated countless hours to providing this community with volunteer fire protection services. Currently the Neffsville Fire Company operates with two engines, an engine/tanker that also serves as a foam unit, a squad, and a foam trailer. They can be seen in the "Apparatus Gallery."
The Neffsville Fire Company's current station is located at 200 East Oregon Road.
A photo history:
Ladies Auxiliary: Late 30's.
HOUSE FIRE: Sanford Leaman Property, March 27th, 1955
Apparatus are left to right: '52 Rio, '41 Ford, Unknown,
and Lititz Light Truck-Dodge(back)
FIRE HOUSE '92, Apparatus left to right: Old Tanker
Engine 2-7-2 1990 E-One/PEM FAB Cab Engine
American La France '36 P Truck Squad 2-7 1990 Ford F350 Crew Cab Pickup
Command 2-7 '90 Mercury
Marquis Mini Tanker 2-7 '91 Made by Harold Matroni
'52 Rio, in service through '52 to '62
Front mount Centrifugal High Pressure Pump, 500 gpm 100 Gal Tank
Rear Wheel Drive Body Built by High Welding, Prince St. Lancaster, Pa.
Man with Truck: Earl Rothfus with '41 Ford
Mercury Engine, 500 gpm Skid mount pump, w/Exhaust Primer
powered by Ford engine, 300 gal. tank.
Engine 2-7-B, '60 ALF, 1000 gpm pump, 500 gal. Tank.
'41 Ford (left), '52 Rio (right)
at old fire house on Valley Rd. taken mid '50's
Note swinging doors on Fire house.
Apparatus Photo, Left to right: '62 Pioneer,1000gal. tank
'62 Econoline (squad), '36 Rio, '60 ALF.
All images are property of Neffsville Fire Company
Images may not be copied, reproduced, or redistributed
without express written consent of the Neffsville Fire company.